Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Friday, February 10, 2006

The Frozen Planet

Just for a change of pace, I'm reading a collection of 1960s American science fiction called The Frozen Planet and Other Stories published by MacFadden-Bartell in New York and originally retailing for 75 cents. I paid four dollars for it. The cover's fantastic: a Kirk Douglas-like semi-naked man is running under a purple and red sky away from invading flying saucers. It certainly seemed to interest my fellow commuters on the way to work today.

And it's such fun so far. People turn out to be telepathic. Aliens are fragile. Everything is a conspiracy but virtue defeats dastardliness. Hurrah!

Sadly, I've never heard of any of these five pulp fiction writers in the collection ( Keith Laumer, F. L. Wallace , Allen Kim Lang, Daniel Keyes and Clifford D. Simak) but that's why they have amazon. I also love how so many Americans include their middle initials in their names. I think from now on, I'll be known as Mary Z. Bennet, just to fit in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home