Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Friday, May 05, 2006

and another thing

My silent mate showed up. He hadn't mailed lately because he'd been on leave and then he was busy at work. And he'd given up on his blog because he kept getting spammed because he is um an argumentative type.

Am very relieved as, last time I hadn't heard from someone for about that long, I hadn't worried, just felt vaguely resentful at being ignored, and then found out that he was at death's door. And then I felt bad for being resentful. Oh and sad he was dying and all that.

Of COURSE I was sad; it's just that I'm trying to make a point about how easy it is to misconstrue the meaning of not returning emails. People, please, if you're away for a while, put an out of town autoreply on your mail. If you're ill, say so. I'm not a mind reader. Although I've been guilty of this too. I rarely reply to my dad's emails which are usually just jokes someone else has sent him. But then, if I don't reply he rings me to see if I'm all right and that's kind of nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home