Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Just call me Kath Day-Knight


I haven't read a book for three days.

This is because my Beloved decided he needed to upgrade our perfectly good reasonably-sized much-used telly with something marginally bigger (NOT wall sized) but with a better picture and High Definition (for the two shows a week that have this). In the evenings it now glows in the darkened livingroom with a backlight changing automatically to reflect the level of light and colours on the screen.

It's extremely hard to look away. Even when there's nothing on.

We were trying to watch the cricket last night between rain interruptions. I couldn't stop staring at the added clarity of Glenn McGrath's wrinkles. And the rain looked so good. I could see every drop!

All the ads seemed shiny and new too. I wanted to rush out and buy cars, insurance, fast food, cleaning products. I resolved to make time this week to watch A Current Affair's special reports on what THEY'RE NOT TELLING YOU about something that's probably in newspapers.

There's an episode of Kath and Kim where Kath is hypnotised by the her big screen telly. I laughed then as a watched it on my standard definition 56 cm screen. I'm not laughing now.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger hazelblackberry said...

Did you catch Jeff McMullen's new show? I doubt there's any technology even dreamed of yet that could make him look better.

11:47 am  
Blogger Mary Bennet said...

You're absoloutely right. His scraggly neck was so distracting, I had to go and clean the oven.

4:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home