Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Speaking of my Mum

One of the nicest things about having a baby is the outpouring of home-made gifts. A mate made her this hat:






Friends of my mother made this blanket:

and decorated this piggy bank:
My Mum loves to knit and could probably win prizes at country (or even city) shows if she was so minded. Winnie has three beautifully matching hat, jumper and bootie sets, a crocheted shawl, 12 little shirts with individual embroidered things on them including frogs, clowns and soccer balls and a wonderful embroidered cot blanket. It's a joy to look at all these lovely tiny things.

But she has set the bar pretty high. Even though Winnie's other grandmother isn't so craft-y, she made this bear:



Beloved and his family reckon it looks like Homer Simpson with ears. They teased her about it non-stop for days.

I really hope it becomes one of WInnie's favourite toys.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger hazelblackberry said...

That teddy bear looks fantastic. I hope it becomes one of Winnie's favourites too.

7:44 pm  
Blogger Mary Bennet said...

And if it doesm't, I can embarrass her by making her take it to Sydney FC games until she's in high school.

1:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home