Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Almost there

Friday already and I haven't blogged since Tuesday. How quickly New Year's resolutions fade in importance once work starts getting busy.

Mary had a beautiful moment in my reading of Pride and Prejudice yesterday. Naughty Lydia was going on and on about shopping and food and how much fun the other four sisters had had on an excursion skylarking in a coach and saying she'd wished Mary had been there too.

To this, Mary very gravely replied, 'Far be it from me, my dear sister, to depreciate such pleasures. They would doubtless be congenial with the generality of female minds. But I confess they would have no charms for me. I should infinitely prefer a book.'


I think I would too.

I only have a few chapters to go now. Even though I know exactly what will happen I'm really enjoying savouring the language and the wit and how the most dire of circumstances are expressed so elegantly. I love Jane Austen/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home