Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day

When I made the obligatory call to my mother yesterday she said she was glad I hadn't bought her Peter Carey's latest book because she had a signed version and had met him and was so excited by the whole thing.

I told her that I didn't get it for her because I felt sorry for the ex-wife and there was a story in Saturday's SMH where she explained how he took her life and her friends and I wasn't going to make him richer by buying the book. And my mother told me that the ex-wife was mentally disturbed by September 11 as if that made it all right.

I CANNOT believe we were arguing about someone else's divorce. On Mother's Day. Maybe I should tell my Dad that Mum's in love with a famous writer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home