Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Week-end paper silliness #1

I don't often read the "Open Gallery" column in the Sydney Morning Herald but I'm glad I did last week-end. This sounds like a doozy:

"Another series of photos Incinerator Holiday emerged from negatives found at the Waverley garbage incinerator. When developed they were covered in red blemishes with a texture like rice paper, the blurred landscapes glazed and weathered but compelling."

I don't know whether the artist cropped out the grinning tourists from the foreground or if the original photgrapher was like my dad who only occasionally and grudgingly allowed us kids to sully his perfectly framed piictures of whatever beauty spot we'd driven all day to visit.

It'd be pretty odd to walk into a gallery and find your old holiday snaps up on the wall and called art. But the way these look, you probably would haved thrown them away for a pretty good reason...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home