Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Who would play Falco in a movie of the series?

My Beloved, who does not read much or very often, was so intrigued by my description of See Delphi and Die that he took it with him to read on a business trip. It was sort of appropriate seeing the book has a lot about ancient games and he'll be in Melbourne during the Commonwealth Games. I can picture him at meal times boring his colleagues silly with descriptions of the way they did long jump in ancient Greece (from a standing start with a weight in either hand to increase momentum) and the viciousness of the bareknuckle boxing and the whole business of not letting women in to watch.

We were trying to work out if the books would be good as movies and, if so, would it be expensive to mock up sets of ancient Rome. In trying to establish if any of them were movies, I found out that (unsurprisingly) Lindsey doesn't have a very good website.

I learnt that there are 17 of Falco books and I think I've read the most recent 10 or so. I've definitely read the first one.

If there was a movie version, someone with curly hair and a bit of sun damage would be perfect to play Falco - it probably couldn't be anyone English. Someone in their mid thirties and a bit rugged - but not too tall.

Of course, I would have to be cast as his lovely wife Helena.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home