Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Earlier each year

Yesterday my first Christmas card arrived. Yes, on the third of October. This is about a month earlier than last year.

Admittedly, it was from someone who retired last month who probably wanted to steal a march on his replacement. I wonder whether the new guy knows or if, in a month or so, he'll innocently ask his PA to get a mailing list ready for Christmas cards and she'll have to say "actually we've already sent 350 out and we can't get any more printed." And he'll sigh sadly into his coffee and wonder why people are so unkind.

I'm DEFINITELY sending him one.

3 Comments:

Blogger dc gal said...

Christmas cards on Oct 3rd! Way too early. Wasn't it just summer the other day?

2:59 am  
Blogger Mary Bennet said...

Now I'm expecting to get a card for Easter from them on New Year's Day!

9:25 am  
Blogger hazelblackberry said...

I've already made a couple of Christmas cards, which felt a little odd. But then they had to go into parcels being sent my sea mail and won't arrive until Christmas. So. Justification.

5:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home