Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Now for something existential

What a sadly neglected blog this has been lately. Each time I try to log on (unsuccessfully a few times lately for IT reasons), I've been distracted by invitations to upgrade, update, go beta. It's all too hard at the moment. I'm completely absorbed in trying to work out what to buy family and friends for Christmas.

But, if I do upgrade and I get tags, I wouldn't feel so, I don't know, random compared to the Superfast Reader who claims "Reading is my superpower" (And the frequency with which she updates make me agree me her.)

Not sure I need a separate classification for "Norwegian Literature" as she does. In fact, I'm not sure that I pass snap judgements on books so much as dither about why I didn't like them. I don't think I could divide them into "Love!!" or "Boring". This is yet another reason why I haven't been appointed to the High Court - that and not having a law degree or anything.

I would very much like to have a super power. But it wouldn't be reading. It would something more uncanny X-Men-ish, like flying or teleportation or stopping time for a bit while I got on with something important like finishing a chapter. Hmm, maybe reading is a good super power to have after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home