Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Most boring election ever

Well that was just as dull as I expected it to be. The only thing that surprised me was that to vote for the Legislative Council below the line I only had to fill in 15 boxes to fill 21 vacancies.

Now, I know 95 per cent of people vote above the line and the below the line votes are supposed to go from regional centres to the State Electoral Commission headquarters to be counted but only asking for 15 preferences to fill 21 spots makes me think it's all a terrible trick and my vote really went into a giant shredder.

Just to be on the safe side, I kept filling in squares until I didn't care any more - somewhere around the 35 mark.

Oh yeah, there were probably closer to 200 candidates than 50. I um have better thing to do than to count that high.

In other news, Carmel Tebbutt is leaving the ministry so she can see her kids occasionally. This makes me a bit sad because it's not as if there are that many sensible-sounding ministers here, much less that many women in Cabinet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home