Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Glass Half Full day

Despite my dire predictions, that quasi-eugenics bill didn't pass in two weeks flat but was sent into committtee. This means there'll be a public debate now before the government does exactly as it wants. Phew.

I'm still reading about the hippies in 1968. Part of me keeps hearing Cartman's voice inside my head (freaking hippies!) but part of me is appalled that student sit-ins that were so completely matter of course in my day 20 plus years later were met with violence, even in the US. Appalled! It's like after the battles had been won we were still mindlessly following the dead rituals of protest even for far more trivial issues (fees, radio stations, VSU rather than the draft, academic freedom, civil rights) No wonder no-one took us seriously.

I'm off on holidays for a couple of weeks. I might even finish that book while I'm away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home