Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Lucy Sussex

Stupidly busy day today where I was in trouble for things not my fault and couldn't fix but congratulated for things I didn't really do. I also felt compelled to apologise abjectly for things that went wrong that I didn't know about till much later and possibly could have helped if I'd been told at the time. At least I get paid, I guess.

Anyway, I was delight to read this article in Sarsparilla by Lucy Sussex. Years and years ago I read a collection of short stories by her with an amazing cover, like lace on top of a medieval painting. They were very haunting. Some were ghost stories, others were unconventionally sci-fi. Ten years later, every so often I start to remember the plot of one of them in particular where this woman finds a portal to another world. They were beautifully written. And I've been looking out for more books by her ever since. From her website, it looks lack that book was called The Peace Garden. I won't put a picture in because the website's edition has a really ugly cover. I also read Black Ice a couple of years ago. This is for young adults and is about a teenager dealing with a haunted house and family problems (and using the internet in a not very convincing way but maybe that's just technology dating between writing the book and publication.) It was ok I guess but I'm SOOOOOOO excited to see she's written all these other things and I can get them. Hurrah!

Of course I'm far too shy to put such fanlike babblings in an email to an actual author!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home