Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Zen and coloured balls on string make me smile


Yesterday, I took a leaf out of Amspersand Duck's book and trundled off to the Art Gallery.. (I could only manage one gallery even though I didn't have to drive a bus to and from Canberra.) This picture is of an enormous room full of coloured ping pong sized balls suspended on wires. Large fans make them wobble. It's like being inside a pointillist painting. It's called Atomic: full of love, full of wonder by Nike Savvas 2005. It made me smile all day. Pointlessly, I took a photo about the size of this with my phone and showed my Beloved. It looks like a small pointillist painting.

From one extreme to the other, I went straight upstairs to the truly beautiful and well-presented exnibition of Zen painting in the Asian gallery. I read every single word and now feel like I could pass an exam on Zen Buddhism... which is completely missing the point. Gorgeous, apparently effortless paintings by three centuries of Zen masters. Beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home