Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Anarchy rules

According to today's SMH from next year prams must be sold with tethers so if people forget they're pushing their precious bundles of joy around and answer their phones, their prams won't roll off into rivers.

This makes me so cross. It's NOT HARD to use a pram's brakes or hold onto it with one hand. It takes far far less concentration than driving. The first time I took Winnie out I was surprised how quickly the pram built up momentum downhill but two minutes of practice later and I worked out what to do.

The article says that parents are only going to be "encouraged" to tie themselves to the prams but I can just see the disapproving looks on people's faces if you dare to go out unrestrained. And heaven help you if you shop like me by leaving the pram at one end of the aisle in the supermarket while trying to find something quickly. You'd soon be pulled up short by your harness. Gives new meaning to the idea of kids tying you down!

I wonder if failure to tether will be grounds for Mal Brough to take away whatever tax concessions parents get.

Don't quite know why I'm so upset but such a small thing when incompetent terrorists have paralysed international travel for days. Maybe I really am
an anarchist after all.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's a pram? I'm from the States.

8:35 am  
Blogger Mary Bennet said...

Um, I thought you called them prams there too. It's short for perambulator - a wheeled vehicle you push a baby around in - same as a stroller or a baby carriage or a pushcar.

8:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Americans don't say pram?!!! that is so weird.

9:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home