Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Geoff net

I've just returned from Germany, land of efficient public transport, cheap beer and excellent baked goods. It is truly horrible to be back here with jetlag.

Luckily the eight German classes I did before the trip gave me more practical words to use than the dim recollections of high school I employed so badly last time I visited. Still, 75 per cent of the questions I asked in German were answered in English...

One word that was new to me was 'geőffnet' which means 'open'. I have no recollection of this at school but sure enough when we went around the place it was on every public building, restaurant, bar, museum, hotel, everywhere. So much so that my Beloved, whose German language is limited to what I've told him, asked me whether Geoff Net was their patorn saint or somethin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Kendle said...

Snap! My brother-in-law had a similar problem with Geöffnet : http://notaballerina.blogspot.com/2006/01/german-according-to-geoff.html and we still laugh about it regularly.

4:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home