Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Two minutes of magic

Am bleary-eyed this morning after my Beloved made me get up at 4.30 to watch Italy play Germany in the World Cup semi-final. I'd thought Germany would win with their home town advantage and having good players and not being nasty cheaters and all. But to my surprise, Germany couldn't get through the Italian defence and there were no goals in ordinary time. When it went to extra time, the commentators were already comparing the teams' performance at penalty shootouts. I don't know whether the German team were thinking ahead like this too but they certainly slowed down towards the end of extra time. I mean they seemed slower than the Italians or more tired. And then just when we thought it was impossible, with two minutes of extra time to go, Italy scored a beautiful goal. And then as we felt deja vu of seeing another country realise it was all over, the Italians scored again. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home