Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

I used to blog about books - until I got the complete Stargate boxed set.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Not quite time for an intervention

All I'm going to say about THAT final is just agree with
her.

My non-sport-watching colleagues are getting a bit over me complaining about how tired I am from staying up all night. Yesterday was particularly bad because I was unreasonably sad about the Zidane red card ending his illustrious career in disgrace.

As I wandered round looking despondent, a mate asked if I'd enjoyed the game and I talked about ZZ for about 20 seconds and she just said "Look, I don't actually know any of their names; I was just being polite. You soccer people are like cult members who've forgotten about the rest of us who talk about other stuff. Please come back. When you're ready to leave, we'll get a group together to support your transition back to the real world."

She was only half joking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home